All resources are evidence-based and developed by nurses practicing care coordination and transition management.
Choose those resources that will match your learning style:
The Care Coordination and Transition Management Core Curriculum, 2nd Edition serves as the foundational reference for CCTM RN practice and an educational resource for undergraduate and graduate nursing students and currently practicing registered nurses in general practice, specialty roles in care coordination and care transitions.
New in the 2nd Edition:
- Relevant Scope and Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses in CCTM integrated in each chapter
- Pediatric and geriatric content added to many chapters
- New content on behavioral health, dementia care, opioid addiction, palliative, end-of-life care, health literacy, and social determinants
- Case Studies and care plans depicting the use of evidence within practice
This excellent study resource offers over 18 contact hours of continuing nursing education credit, which are free to AAACN members.
The CCTM Core Curriculum is endorsed by many organizations. View the endorsements.
The CCTM online course and core text will help nurses solve the puzzle of fragmented patient care. The CCTM Course is available in multiple formats. Choose the version that best suits your learning style.
The CCTM Review Questions reflects the latest test blueprint of the MSNCB CCTM exam.
This publication contains 200 multiple-choice test questions grouped into six domains of practice corresponding to those on the exam:
- Communication and transition throughout the care continuum;
- Education, engagement; coaching and counseling of patients, caregivers, and support network;
- Population health management;
- Patient-centered care planning and support for self-management;
- Teamwork and inter-professional collaboration;
- and Advocacy.
All of the questions are based on and referenced to the CCTM Core Curriculum 1st edition.
Tip: Test your knowledge of CCTM practice by first answering all of the Review Questions. This will identify those areas where you can focus your study. When you’ve completed studying for the exam, test your knowledge once again by answering the Review Questions.
Scope and Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses in Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCTM), 2016
The Scope of Practice:
- Describes the evolution of CCTM practice across the continuum of care.
- Defines CCTM practice.
- Presents the defining characteristics of the Registered Nurse (RN) in CCTM role.
The Standards of Practice:
- Describe the responsibilities for which RNs in CCTM are accountable.
- Address the art and science of clinical nursing practice in CCTM.
- Describe competent performance expectations in the organizational and professional dimensions of the RN role.