The American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing is proud to partner with Healthcare Information and Management Systems (HIMSS) to provide our members with information for the optimal use of information technology (IT) and management systems for the betterment of healthcare.
HIMSS frames and leads healthcare practices and public policy through its content expertise, professional development, research initiatives, and media vehicles designed to promote information and management systems' contributions to improving the quality, safety, access, and cost-effectiveness of patient care.
HIMSS Nursing Informatics Community
Empowered Care Through Leadership & Technology
HIMSS Role in Nursing Informatics
The role of the nurse in the use of technology to improve the delivery of patient care has evolved. Today, nurses are leading change in the development and adoption of interoperable systems across the nation, showing quantifiable impact on population health.
HIMSS supports a nursing community focused on meeting these evolving needs. Our Community articulates a cohesive voice, creates networking opportunities, provides domain expertise, leadership and guidance to HIMSS initiatives. The Community was developed in 2003 and today represents over 5,000+ nurses.
We are excited to collaborate with nursing specialty organizations, non-profit partners, academia and informatics organizations in a variety of ways.
Tools for Your Use
Intro to Nursing Informatics
- Certification for Nurses
- Nursing Informatics Competencies
- Clinical Informatics Insights eNewsletter
- Nursing Informatics 101
Enabling Today’s Nursing Leaders
- CNIO (Chief Nursing Information Officer)
- Nursing Executives
- Nursing Informatics Annual Symposium
- Nursing Leadership
HIMSS Cutting Edge Research
- Clinical Transformation Survey
- Impact of Nursing Informatics Survey
- Nursing Informatics Workforce Survey
Nursing, Technology & Policy
- Public Policy and Legislation
- Marketing Slide Set: Transforming Nursing Practice through Technology & Informatics
- Position Statement: Transforming Nursing Practice through Technology & Informatics
- Talking Points: Transforming Nursing Practice through Technology & Informatics
For more information on these initiatives, visit the HIMSS Nursing Informatics Toolbox; explore the HIMSS Nursing Informatics Community Website; join the Discussion Forum and email (email@example.com).