New 3rd Edition Available Now
The Orientation and Competency Guide serves as a valuable resource that provides organizations and staff educators guidance in developing orientation programs and comprehensive competency assessment programs for staff working in ambulatory care settings.
The third edition (2018) identifies and promotes standardized competencies for ambulatory care nursing and operationalizes the competency model of knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs) to guide the learner in defined ambulatory care functional areas.
The Orientation and Competency Guide contains:
- Updated content from the previous edition with definitions, tips, and examples.
- KSA examples to help readers apply a targeted approach to individualized learning and knowledge building.
- Chapters on nurse educator competencies, resources for the nurse transitioning to ambulatory care, and more.
- Tools for developing a structured orientation that is grounded in evidence and meets quality and regulatory standards.
- Sample orientation and competency tools to guide the educator/preceptor in the development of individualized plans.
The Orientation and Competency Guide also addresses critical components for ambulatory care nurses practicing in these settings to include topics such as telehealth, care coordination and transition management, patient-centered medical home care, and population management.
Each chapter reflects updated and current information that supports and promotes the specialty of ambulatory care nursing.
• At the AAACN 2018 Annual Conference, the Pre-Conference Session: Creating an RN Workforce for Ambulatory Care Settings
• Ambulatory Care Registered Nurse Residency Program
• Preceptor Guide for Ambulatory Care Nursing