Enhance your ambulatory care practice through this peer-reviewed, bimonthly publication.
ViewPoint is the official publication of the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN). It is a peer-reviewed, bimonthly resource for nursing professionals.
You’ll learn about the latest information, trends, and current topics in ambulatory care nursing.
Regular features and columns include:
- AAACN News
- CCTM Connections
- CNE Articles (free contact hours for AAACN members)
- Emerging Clinical Issues
- Health Policy
- Nurse-Sensitive Indicator News
- Safety Corner
- Telehealth Trials & Triumphs
ViewPoint is peer reviewed by ambulatory care nursing experts and indexed in the Cumulative Index of Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL). It is distributed to members as a direct benefit of membership. Institutional subscriptions are available in the Online Store.
AAACN members may access ViewPoint in two ways. Member log in required.
Continuing nursing education (CNE) credit from ViewPoint articles is FREE to members. Non-members may purchase the articles (in pdf format) and CNE from the AAACN Online Library.
Enhance your professional growth by writing an article for ViewPoint.
We are interested in articles about:
- A new initiative or practice at your facility.
- Research findings of interest to the ambulatory care community.
- Other topics pertinent to ambulatory care, telehealth, and care coordination/transition management.
Get an extra reward for your writing efforts. All published feature-length articles are considered for our annual Writer's Award. The winner receives complimentary registration to the AAACN Annual Conference! If you've been thinking about writing, this is a wonderful motivator.
Need help getting started with writing an article? You’ll find the following resources will help you and answer questions you may have.
- Author Guidelines
- A Guide for Potential Authors
- Manuscript Wish List
- Author Guidelines and Tips from Jannetti Publications
- Write about evidence-based strategies used in actual or near miss situations for our "Safety Corner" using these Submission Tips
Kitty Shulman, MSN, RN-BC
- Joan M. Paté, MS, BSN, RN-BC
- Janis Tuxbury, DNP, RN
- Tracy L. Weistreich, PhD, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
- Stephanie G. Witwer, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
- AAACN Legislative Committee (Health Policy Update)
- Nurse-Sensitive Indicator Team (Nurse-Sensitive Indicator News)
- Terri Burns, MSN, RN-BC; and Trudy Laffoon, DNP, RN-BC (Emerging Clinical Issues)
- Kathryn Koehne, DNP, RN-BC, C-TNP (Telehealth Trials & Triumphs)
- Leslie K. Morris, MSN, RN (Safety Corner)
- Karol DiBello, DNP, FNP-BC, ACHPN (Series on Leadership)
- Stephanie G. Witwer, PhD, RN, NEA-BC (Care Coordination and Transition Management)