The Telephone Triage Research/EBP Project Award, named in honor of Carol Rutenberg, RN-BC, C-TNP, MNSc, will be awarded annually to one AAACN member working in a telehealth or telephone triage position to assist with conducting telephone triage nursing research or an EBP project.
This award, up to $1,000 presented annually, recognizes Carol’s commitment and contributions to AAACN and honors her work educating ambulatory and telehealth nurses throughout her career.
Rutenberg has contributed a great deal to AAACN over the past 22 years, most recently generously gifting AAACN the content of her popular telephone triage course. AAACN will release its own online telephone triage nursing course in 2020, based on the content of Rutenberg's proven education.
As a member of AAACN for more than 20+ years, Rutenberg has served our association in many volunteer roles, including as a contributor to the AAACN publications Scope and Standards of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing, Core Curriculum for Ambulatory Care Nursing, and Care Coordination and Transition Management Core Curriculum, as a member of the Nominating Committee, and as a conference presenter.
A research/EBP project award of up to $1,000 will be awarded annually to one member to assist with conducting telephone triage nursing research or an EBP project.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Membership in the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) for a minimum of two years (any two years), and that you are a member at time you submit your application.
- Not a current member of the Nominating Committee or the Board of Directors.
- Have at least 3 years' experience in ambulatory care nursing and be currently practicing in a telehealth or telephone triage role in an ambulatory care setting.
- Willingness to give back. e.g. How will you use your new knowledge to contribute back to AAACN and/or ambulatory care nursing?
- Willingness to write an article for the ViewPoint publication within one year of receipt of the award.
- Acceptance of telephone triage-specific research/EBP project by IRB or institution.
- Willingness to publish article for ViewPoint publication describing the research study/EBP project and its outcomes within one year of receipt of the award.
- Willingness to submit abstract for a podium or poster presentation of the research study/ EBP project and its outcomes at the next annual meeting of AAACN